A house is a building that acts as a living shelter for one or several families. House building is the act of building houses.
The Essence of house
1. A house shelters us from natural threats such as floods, dangerous animals
2. A house provides a stable environment to children.
3. Only in the house will an individual understand his family’s heritage, habits, and culture.
The steps to building a house
It’s always an exciting experience when building your new house, more so when you understand the process fully and how it works. The steps to build a house:
1. Preparing a construction site and laying out the foundation
In this stage, the following happens:
i. Leveling of the site by the construction crew
ii. Wooden forms are put up for the temporary foundation
iii. Installation of Footings
iv. Installation of waterproofing and plumbing
v. First inspection
2. The Rough Framing
In this stage, the floor, wall, and roof systems are completed, application of sheathing to exterior walls covered with a protective wrap, the cost breakdown, and the timeline.
3. Complete Electrical and rough Plumbing
In this stage, there is an installation of the following items
i. Shower and Bathtub units
ii. Wires and pipes
iii. Vents and sewer lines
iv. Water supply lines
v. Ductwork for HVAC system
vi. HVAC vent pipes
vii. Electrical wiring
It’s important to note that the second, third, and Fourth inspections happen in this stage.
4. Installation of the insulation
The common insulation materials used are; Fiberglass, foam, and cellulose. In addition, your builder may use mineral wool, foam board, spray form depending on the climate and region.
5. Complete Drywall and the interior features
6. Finishing off the interior trim
7. Installation of countertops and hard surface
For proper drainage, exterior finish grading is completed, and installation of ceramic tile, wood flooring, and Vinyl.
8. Finishing and installation of the bathroom and mechanical trims
Installation of the HVAC equipment, toilets, and sinks are put up
9. Installation and finishing of mirrors and shower doors
10. Conducting the Final walkthrough
You will go through your new house with your builder to be acquainted with the features and operation of its systems.